What is counselling? What is therapy?
Therapy and counselling both involve talking to a trained professional in a safe and confidential way. This can help you make sense of and start to change whatever is troubling you.
Esther Ritter is experienced in both counselling and therapy. The terms are sometimes used interchangeably but can have specific meanings in certain circumstances. The common thread is that counselling and therapy are ways of helping individuals and couples cope and deal with problems.
Different therapists and counsellors use different techniques to help you become more deeply aware of your inner world and its influence over your relationships past and present. This understanding can help you resolve your issues.
Immediate issues and behaviour can be addressed – the focus on is on you and what is bothering you. At the same time you and your counsellor will look to identify and tackle the origins, potentially leading to deep seated and lasting change.
If you want to find out more call Esther on 027 259 5922 or use the form below to send an email.
Can you help me and my partner?
Yes. Therapy is available for both individuals and couples and Esther is able to help you individually or you and your partner together.
If you want to find out more call Esther on 027 259 5922 or use the form below to send her an email.
Knowing how difficult it can be to think about taking that step into counselling, in the initial free 20 min phone consultation we can discuss the issues that you want to look at and decide how many sessions you may need and you can then decide whether you want to work with me.
What problems can you help with?
Esther is experienced in helping with:
- Forming satisfying relationships or becoming un-involved from unsatisfying or destructive relationships at home or work.
- Difficulties in recovering from stressful or traumatic experiences.
- Anxiety, being unable to concentrate, feeling overwhelmed, panic attacks.
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Feelings of depression and emptiness.
- Bereavement, redundancy, divorce and other losses.
- Mid-life crisis.
- Symptoms such as eating disorders, self-harming, psychosomatic conditions, obsessional behaviour, and phobic anxieties a sense of meaninglessness and lack of fulfilment in life.
- People suffering from mental health problems, and those caring for them.
- Are you a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)? I can help you develop coping strategies to help
How much does it cost?
Regular sessions are $100 for individuals and $120 for couples. Funding may be available from WINZ and ACC depending on your circumstances. If price is a barrier please get in touch and we can discuss more affordable sessions.
Cancellation or postponement of an appointment with less than 24 hours notice is charged at half the session fee, unless I’m able to fill the appointment slot.
Payment is made at the the time of the session in cash or by internet banking in advance.
Can we talk before I commit?
It can be difficult to take that first step into counselling. We have a free initial 20 min phone consultation without any obligation. This lets us discuss the issues that you want to look at and decide how many sessions you may need. You can then decide whether if you want to work with me.